jeff on 26 Nov 2007 00:36:43 -0000

[PLUG] editors and burning steaks

Eric wrote:
I'd really suggest you read an introductory tutorial for each and spend about a
week with each one.  Then you can judge the transitions for yourself and make a
semi-educated guess based on YOUR preferences.

I think this is good advice.

Part of me is also screaming that if one needs to spend a week deciding, perhaps we have let our requirements slip.

From my POV, having at least tried them, user-hostile comes to mind. Arcane at best.

For all of you who swear by (not AT) them, more power to you!