Art Alexion on 2 Feb 2009 04:06:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New OS Major Versions

On 02/02/2009 Gordon Dexter wrote:
> I realize that I am in the minority, and I understand that this was
> the reason that Gnome was picked for the default Ubuntu release.

That may be a "chicken and egg" assumption.  Maybe gnome is in more
widespread use *because* Ubuntu made it the default.  It is also the
default in RHEL and Novell Suse (before Novell bought Suse, and hired
Miguel de Icaza, the default was KDE as with the other German distros).