jeff on 5 Nov 2009 09:44:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Android?

Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:
> The phone uses the Google account to store some of the phone's data,
> so it's required

Wow, that failed to make any of the documentation or reviews I read.
It's precisely the kind of thing that turns me off.  If I want to play
Cloud, I'll get a Pre. [do I sound open sourcey picky enough yet?]

> account, Google accounts can be made with any email address. This
> online storage for contacts and things is not unusual for smartphones,

[Not arguing with you personally]
My Treo somehow manages to store everything in internal memory.
Unfortunately they're not making a higher-powered Treo these days.

> and somewhat predictable since Android is Google's child and Google is
> all about the cloud.

Maybe it's just me, but this screams of security and privacy issues.
Trying to find a phone is extremely frustrating :)

Thanks muchly for the info -it's very valuable.