Richard Freeman on 5 Nov 2009 10:57:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Android?

Stephen Brown wrote:
> There are a few free ones in the Android market. They work fine, but the
> Esc/Ctrl/Alt keys can be tricky depending on the phone. I installed
> ConnectBot on my ADP-1 when I first got it and have used that ever since.
> http://code.google.com/p/connectbot/

Yup - at least a few builds have some kind of a console openssh variant
as well (complete with scp/etc).  Not sure if that comes stock though (I
doubt it).

Connectbot is by far the best I've used.  Supports key-based login, and
has some built-in screen shortcuts (camera button hits ctrl-a/space).
Early on I loved the comments on the market site - it was highly rated
so lots of people probably stumbled on it, but there were tons of 1-star
"what does this do?" ratings, followed by 5-star "if you don't know what
ssh is, this app isn't for you" ones.