Sam Gleske on 26 Jul 2012 18:55:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] backups (was Re: DCAnet dropping DSL)

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Fred Stluka <fred@bristle.com> wrote:
Since this thread has drifted to a discussion of backups, here are
my tips for doing backups via rsync, including the script I run via
cron
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_full_backup
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_incremental_backup
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_full_and_incremental_backup
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_other_backup
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_advanced_options

Enjoy!
--Fred

^ I am Sam Gleske and I approve this message :D.

Currently I just mirror my data to several drives rather than back up.  But those scripts look good.  Here's my rsync command.  delete-before is really useful.

rsync -ruptv --delete-before /media/raid/ /media/tripleredundancy

SAM