brent saner via plug on 30 Jan 2023 15:37:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Troubleshooting (was ...My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging in full effect there

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023, 17:42 JP Vossen via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On 1/30/23 09:40 AM, Casey Bralla (Mail List) via plug wrote:
> Good point.  I often find that simply composing my question will often
> lead me to the answer because I haven't really thought through what it
> is I want to do, or what my problem is.
>
> First rule of problem solving is to accurately define the problem.  It's
> often an completely overlooked step.

YES!  THIS!  1000x this!  That's not step 1 of my checklist, because there are a few things before it, like check for freakin' disk space, check SELinux, remove UEK (the Unusable Enterprise Kernel), check the logs, and so on.  I can't tell you how many problems I've solve while composing the email to the PLUG list (or other expert).

LONG but great t-shooting details: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Later,
JP