Rich Freeman on 22 Sep 2016 12:59:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Christopher Barry
<christopher.r.barry@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you get some email, and then say "hmm, I'll give this tag 'A'", don't
> you then kind of have to remember how you tagged it? Isn't that kinda
> like having to remember what folder you put it in?

I never manually assign tags (well, very rarely at most).  Tags are
typically assigned by filters.  For example, your email was flagged
with plug and inbox.  When I hit send+archive on this reply the inbox
tag will be removed.from the thread.  If another email comes in on the
thread, the inbox tag will be added to it again.

> When I look for info
> in claws, I just do a query on whatever words come to mind as being
> related to the email or idea. Honestly, I really don't need to search
> all that much through old email, but that's just my own workflow I
> guess.

I also typically use search to find random emails.  This is also
something I've found generally doesn't work terribly well with IMAP
and multi-GB mailboxes.

--
Rich